Monday, November 29, 2010

OH YEAH! THATS RIGHT! CALL ME DADDY!

So I decided to get a baby... Yes, you heard me right, an actual baby... One that cries, poops, eats, and does baby things. The only difference between MY baby, and the baby YOU are thinking about is that MY baby is poor... Ok well thats not the only difference between my baby and most babies. Dilushalini, is 3 years old and is from Sri Lanka. I bought her online! And not only do I not have to HEAR her cry, or see her poop, but I have changed her life from all the way around the world! 
tell me this precious little nugget doesn't deserve a better life! and I am going to give her one!
All I had to do was go to the website www.childfund.org/sponsorship/sponsorcontinue.aspx and I was able to pick out my very own baby!!
One of the exciting things about Dilushanlini is that she is going to have the nickname DELISH! I am going to send her the amazing duane reade brand of DELISH foods and she is going to think I started her very own brand of food, and the kids in her village are going to be SO JEALOUS. But dont worry, in my letters to my new daughter I will teach her to share!
DELISH COOKIES!
DELISH COOKIES!






Delish MAC & CHEESE



So I realize it takes more than cookies and mac-n-cheese to change a childs life! But I hope and pray that by me sponsoring this child and giving her money to get vaccinations, clean food and water, she will gain something most children in her position will never have. HOPE... For just $28.00 a MONTH that is less than ONE DOLLAR a DAY, I am changing a child's life. When my baby is old enough to write back to me I will be so happy to hear her stories, her hopes and dreams, and how I was able to give her some simple things she'd never have gotten without my sponsorship!
AND THINK ABOUT IT! While Delish doesnt live in the most luxurious spot in Sri Lanka, there are amazing vacation spots around her that I can go and visit! Maybe one day when my daughter Delish is older we can go have drinks and she will tell me about how she was lifted from poverty and becoming a doctor, or Sri Lankin celebrity make up artist just like her dad!

I know it sounds impersonal, but the opportunity to contribute to a child's life regardless of being in the general area or not, is an honor. And hey, maybe one day like I am rich like Brad and Angie, I can fly Delish over to spend time with her real brothers and sisters...

DO SOMETHING NICE FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON! ADOPT A NUGGET!! I wonder if we all team up and give Delish $28.00 a month we can make her richest, trendiest Sri Lanka baby in Sri Lanka! PLEASE! Go to www.childfund.org and make a difference! Maybe find my new daughter and make her yours too! We can be like the internet version of that RIDICULOUS show "SISTER WIVES" on TLC and have a huge international polyamorous relationship and adopt tons of babies and out do Madonna AND Brangelina.
Suck it Pax, you aint got SHIT on DELISH!


5 comments:

  1. This is hopefully the ONLY time you will remind me of Sally Struthers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you didnt see me eating on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Send her fab clothes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, i bought one too! except mine is from Bolivia, and he's a boy, Diego, age 11, i too do not have to hear him bitch or cry and for christ sake's i would hope he's done with diapers...

    miss you already

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasen, you never cease to amaze me, I love you you are DELISH ! your Loving Dad

    ReplyDelete